Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)
We custom engineer EDM solutions to deliver best-in-class accuracy, efficiency, and throughput when you need precise holes drilled or complex shapes cut from hard or difficult-to-machine materials.
RoboCut C400iC Wire EDM
RoboCut C600iC Wire EDM
RoboCut C800iB-12 Wire EDM
RoboCut C800iB-20 Wire EDM
Form Complex Parts Using Controlled Electrodes
Cut challenging shapes, drill precise holes, achieve smooth surfaces and finish
EDM tools support a range of applications for manufacturers, including large molds and stamping dies, as well as small hole drilling and forming complex parts from hard or difficult-to-machine materials to meet tight tolerances. Industries that rely on precision EDM include:
Precision EDM Benefits
- Achieve shapes and drilling depths previously impossible with conventional cutting tools
- Produce workpieces with a fine surface finish and high precision
- Eliminates the mechanical force needed to cut or produce fragile outlines
- Applications ranging from simple wire start holes to advanced full 5-axis EDM driller applications
Best-In-Class EDM Solutions
Methods offers the latest EDM machine tool solutions from world-renown brands that provide exceptional reliability while improving accuracy, efficiency, and throughput for manufacturers in high-precision sectors that require precision.
Supported By Our Team of Experts
Our team of engineering experts is ready to help you through the entire implementation process, including planning and selecting best-in-class electrical discharge machining technology from brands like Fanuc and Ocean Technologies that can be seamlessly integrated into your manufacturing process.
Get EDM solutions for your machine shop
The Methods Difference for EDM Equipment
Electrical Discharge Machine tools from Methods feature high reliability, high performance, and best-in-class automatic wire feeding systems. Utilizing ball screw positioning systems (similar to the high-end EDMs) that ensure accuracy and smoothness for maximum performance and quality while ensuring high accuracy and low surface finishes. We import the world’s leading wire equipment and offer end-to-end applications and automation support from our unrivaled engineering team.
Reliable, Predictable and Easy to Repair
Our EDMs provide the confidence and reliability you deserve, keeping you in the cut longer without the unnecessary wire breaks and maintenance hassles other machines have. Our predictable maintenance schedule is simple and easy to use. Coupled with in-control operator guidance for maintaining your electric discharge machine which can handle the job in your shop when conventional machining methods reach their limits and require minimal operator attendance.
The demand for ultra-precision, micro-machined and minimal recast layer parts is driving the growth of EDM machines across almost every industry. EDMs meet that demand cost-effectively to keep you running day and night for unattended production.
- Medical device, instrumentation, and surgical tools
- Aviation, aerospace, and transportation
- Energy sector from electrical rotors, turbines, and microelectronics
- Military and defense contracting
- Additive manufacturing – build plate separation
- Cutting tools – PCD – carbide and high-speed steel
- Intricate mold, tool and die, and job shop
- Roughing of complex alloy materials
- Multi-Axis (7) turn and burn applications
Benefits of EDMs from Methods
- Consistency: Our EDM machines produce prototypes, small batch and high production runs with 100% consistency and the highest level of precision and confidence your customers demand.
- Contactless, low-stress machining: With high accuracy up to one-thousandth of a millimeter, our EDMs help you produce intricate cuts for dies, molds, medical components, and aerospace parts without mechanical force reducing stress-induced machining.
- Versatile cutting: EDMs from Methods stand out from other EDMs, traditional milling and drilling machines to produce shapes, depths, and straightness that other equipment can’t. Our machines handle thick part processing where the tool length-to-diameter ratio is high.
- High-quality surface finishes: Our EDMs produce workpieces with fine surface finishes, eliminating the need for outsourcing, finishing or internal secondary machining and deburring.
- Cost-effective: Our precision EDMs reduce your costs compared to traditional machining. You’ll produce high-end components using less consumables and less labor at a higher quality level with less waste.
EDMs from Methods
We partner with and import the world’s most trusted EDM equipment from FANUC made 100% in Japan to help you improve your margins.
Wire Cutting Systems
FANUC’s ROBOCUT wire EDMs deliver accuracy and speed, eliminating the traditional challenges of EDM production. The machines save time and reduce unit costs keeping you in the cut longer. Our latest FANUC wire cutting EDM models have increased cutting speeds without increased wire consumption.