The Methods Difference
We import the world’s leading wire-cut EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) equipment for your machine shop, in addition to offering end-to-end application engineering and automation support from our unrivaled engineering team.
EDM machines from Methods feature high reliability, high performance, and best-in-class automatic wire feeding systems. They utilize ball screw positioning systems (similar to the high-end EDMs) that ensure accuracy and smoothness for maximum performance and quality while ensuring high accuracy and low surface finishes.
Reliable, Predictable and Easy to Repair
Our EDM machine tools deliver confidence and reliability for your shop, keeping you in the cut longer without the unnecessary wire breaks and maintenance hassles that are common with other EDM equipment.
Our predictable maintenance schedule is simple and easy to use. Coupled with in-control operator guidance for maintaining the machine, our EDM solutions can handle tough jobs in your shop when conventional machining methods reach their limits, and require minimal operator attendance.
Growing Demand for EDM Solutions
Market demand for ultra-precision, micro-machined and minimal recast layer parts is driving the growth of EDM adoption among manufacturers across almost every industry sector.
Our wire EDM equipment meets that demand cost-effectively to keep your shop running day and night with unattended production.
High-Demand EDM Applications
- Medical device, instrumentation, and surgical tools
- Aviation, aerospace, and transportation
- Energy sector from electrical rotors, turbines, and microelectronics
- Military and defense contracting
- Additive manufacturing – build plate separation
- Cutting tools – PCD – carbide and high-speed steel
- Intricate mold, tool and die, and job shop applications
- Roughing of complex alloy materials
- Multi-Axis (7) turn and burn applications
Why Choose Wire EDM Equipment from Methods?
- Consistency. Our EDM machines produce prototypes, small batch and high production runs with 100% consistency and the highest level of precision and confidence your customers demand.
- Contactless, low-stress machining. With high accuracy up to one-thousandth of a millimeter, our EDMs help you produce intricate cuts for dies, molds, medical components, and aerospace parts without mechanical force reducing stress-induced machining.
- Versatile cutting. EDMs from Methods stand out from other EDMs, traditional milling and drilling machines to produce shapes, depths, and straightness that other equipment can’t. Our machines handle thick part processing where the tool length-to-diameter ratio is high.
- High-quality surface finishes. Our EDMs produce workpieces with fine surface finishes, eliminating the need for outsourcing, finishing or internal secondary machining and deburring.
- Cost-effectiveness. Our precision EDM tools reduce your costs compared to traditional machining solutions. You’ll produce high-end components using less consumables and less labor at a higher quality level with less waste.
FANUC and Methods
As a trusted partner, Methods imports, and customizes the world’s most reliable EDM tools and equipment from FANUC, made 100% in Japan for exceptional rigidity, accuracy, and reliability to maximize uptime and improve your margins.
FANUC’s ROBOCUT wire EDMs deliver accuracy and speed, eliminating the traditional challenges of EDM production to save time and reduce unit costs, keeping you in the cut longer.
Our latest FANUC wire cutting EDM models have increased cutting speeds without increased wire consumption. Additionally, Robocut’s advanced AWF3 Wire Feeder technology means less time respooling wire, and more unattended wire EDM production time for your shop.