Methods Machine Tools to Hold Open House on May 6th and 7th at Wixom, MI Technology Center
Methods Machine Tools, Inc., a leading supplier of innovative precision machine tools, automation and accessories, will be holding an Open House to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the opening of its state-of-the-art Detroit Technology Center at 50531 Varsity Court in Wixom, Michigan. The Open House will take place on May 6th and 7th, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day.
Methods will have the following machines from its partners in productivity on display:
- The YASDA line will feature the YBM-640V-VIII CNC Jig Borer high quality/precision vertical machining center (VMC) featuring a live hard milling demonstration and a YMC 430-VII Micro Center VMC featuring live 5-Axis machining.
- The Nakamura-Tome line will feature the AS-200MY, a single spindle, single turret turning center that includes milling and Y-Axis; a NTJ-100that will demonstrate cutting bottle opener gifts; a WT-100, twin spindle, twin turret horizontal turning center and a TW-20MMY, twin spindle, twin turret turning center with milling capabilities and Y-Axis.
- FANUC RoboDrill VMCs include the FANUC D21LiA5-10K featuring a FANUC DDRT 4-Axis rotary table and Renishaw OMP400 spindle probe demonstration; a FANUC D21MiA5-24K featuring a Koma 5-Axis RTT-111CA rotary table with Erowa quick change chuck, Blum laser, high pressure coolant system and MistBuster; a FANUC D21MiA5-ECO (the most economical RoboDrill model) with a FANUC DDR-260iB, and a FANUC D21SiA5-NTRL Automated Cell featuring two machines and a manufacturing cell with robot load-and-unload demonstration.
- FANUC RoboCut Wire EDM Machines include the C400-10″ Wire EDM with a micro finishing unit, featuring a FANUC rotary table demonstration, and a C600-12″ Wire EDM with a Renishaw probe and PCD power supply that will be cutting 3D puzzle gifts.
- The KIWA HMC’s will feature a KMH-500A HMC with a 60-tool ATC and a 12,000rpm BT40-taper spindle and a KMH-300 HMC that includes a 30-tool ATC and 15,000rpm BT30-taper spindle.
- FEELER machines include a HV-800 VMC with a MCU tool breakage monitoring system using FANUC Profibus software; a FT-250MC horizontal turning center that features a type “A” parts catcher and a programmable tail stock, and a VMP-580APC 40-taper VMC that features a dual pallet changer, 15,000rpm spindle and 24-tool ATC.
- VisionGauge 500 Series Digital Optical Comparators with patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD-Auto Pass/Fail tools™ will be demonstrated, as well as the new 700 series that features a 5-Axis inspection and measurement system.
- Zeiss will feature its Contura-G2, and Exeron will feature a EDM die sinking machine with a C-Axis and 30-tool ATC.
At 10 a.m. on both days Mr. Mark Foster, president of Applied Geometrics, Inc., will present a seminar titled, “GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) in the Manufacturing World Today.” An additional seminar each day at 2 p.m. will highlight FANUC Robotics and Automation, Dual Check Safety, along with material handling solutions and costs. Seating is limited and registration is required.
Other events will include a Sake Barrel Smash Ceremony, a $20 Robot Challenge Game, as well as daily lunch and refreshments. Visitors will also be able to check out the latest products and talk to company representatives from the following vendors: Amada, Edge Technologies, Hembrug, MCU, MP Tool & Engineering, MSC Industrial Supply, Nikuni, Sandvik, Tsudakoma, Weiler and 3-D Printer/3-D Systems and more.
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. has been a leading supplier of precision machine tools, automation and accessories for over 55 years, providing extensive applications engineering support, installation, parts, service, and training through a network of large state-of-the-art technology centers and dealers throughout North America. For more information about the Open House, please contact Methods at 50531 Varsity Court, Wixom, Michigan, TEL: (248) 624-1782, Email: email@example.com