Methods Machine Tools to Hold Open House on May 6th and 7th at Wixom, MI Technology Center
Methods Machine Tools, Inc., a leading supplier of innovative precision machine tools, automation and accessories, will be holding an Open House to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the opening of its state-of-the-art Detroit Technology Center at 50531 Varsity Court in Wixom, Michigan. The Open House will take place on May 6th and 7th, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day. To register or for more information, please visit:
Methods will have the following machines from its partners in productivity on display:
- The YASDA line will feature the YBM-640V-VIII CNC Jig Borer high quality/precision vertical machining center (VMC) featuring a live hard milling demonstration and a YMC 430-VII Micro Center VMC featuring live 5-Axis machining.
- The Nakamura-Tome line will feature the AS-200MY, a single spindle, single turret turning center that includes milling and Y-Axis; a NTJ-100that will demonstrate cutting bottle opener gifts; a WT-100, twin spindle, twin turret horizontal turning center and a TW-20MMY, twin spindle, twin turret turning center with milling capabilities and Y-Axis.
- FANUC RoboDrill VMCs include the FANUC D21LiA5-10K featuring a FANUC DDRT 4-Axis rotary table and Renishaw OMP400 spindle probe demonstration; a FANUC D21MiA5-24K featuring a Koma 5-Axis RTT-111CA rotary table with Erowa quick change chuck, Blum laser, high pressure coolant system and MistBuster; a FANUC D21MiA5-ECO (the most economical RoboDrill model) with a FANUC DDR-260iB, and a FANUC D21SiA5-NTRL Automated Cell featuring two machines and a manufacturing cell with robot load-and-unload demonstration.
- FANUC RoboCut Wire EDM Machines include the C400-10″ Wire EDM with a micro finishing unit, featuring a FANUC rotary table demonstration, and a C600-12″ Wire EDM with a Renishaw probe and PCD power supply that will be cutting 3D puzzle gifts.
- The KIWA HMC’s will feature a KMH-500A HMC with a 60-tool ATC and a 12,000rpm BT40-taper spindle and a KMH-300 HMC that includes a 30-tool ATC and 15,000rpm BT30-taper spindle.
- FEELER machines include a HV-800 VMC with a MCU tool breakage monitoring system using FANUC Profibus software; a FT-250MC horizontal turning center that features a type “A” parts catcher and a programmable tail stock, and a VMP-580APC 40-taper VMC that features a dual pallet changer, 15,000rpm spindle and 24-tool ATC.
- VisionGauge 500 Series Digital Optical Comparators with patented CAD Auto-Align™ and CAD-Auto Pass/Fail tools™ will be demonstrated, as well as the new 700 series that features a 5-Axis inspection and measurement system.
- Zeiss will feature its Contura-G2, and Exeron will feature a EDM die sinking machine with a C-Axis and 30-tool ATC.
At 10 a.m. on both days Mr. Mark Foster, president of Applied Geometrics, Inc., will present a seminar titled, “GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) in the Manufacturing World Today.” An additional seminar each day at 2 p.m. will highlight FANUC Robotics and Automation, Dual Check Safety, along with material handling solutions and costs. Seating is limited and registration is required. Please click the link below to register for the sessions.
Other events will include a Sake Barrel Smash Ceremony, a $20 Robot Challenge Game, as well as daily lunch and refreshments. Visitors will also be able to check out the latest products and talk to company representatives from the following vendors: Amada, Edge Technologies, Hembrug, MCU, MP Tool & Engineering, MSC Industrial Supply, Nikuni, Sandvik, Tsudakoma, Weiler and 3-D Printer/3-D Systems and more.
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. has been a leading supplier of precision machine tools, automation and accessories for over 55 years, providing extensive applications engineering support, installation, parts, service, and training through a network of large state-of-the-art technology centers and dealers throughout North America. For more information about the Open House, please contact Methods at 50531 Varsity Court, Wixom, Michigan, TEL: (248) 624-1782, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org