Job Title: Service Engineer
Department: 3330 – North Carolina Service
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Charlotte, NC:
We have an immediate Field Service Engineer position open for the North Carolina area. Methods is a family owned importer and distributor of high end CNC machine tools and custom automation solutions. Methods offers market competitive wages with some of the best benefits in the industry. All Methods technical team members are professional, inquisitive, and have a positive attitude. All potential candidates are expected to have the same.
*Extensive travel is required
- Ownership of entire service call from initial phone call to completion of repair.
- Perform and promote Preventive Maintenance services on EDM machines
- Install and service EDM machines
- Turn in expense reports once a week
- Clear communication with customer and management
- Experience in CNC field service is a plus
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
- Working reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Desire to continually increase knowledge
- Some minor overnight travel required
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.