Job Title: Sales Representative
Department: 3910-Texas Sales
Location: Dallas/East Texas/N. Louisiana
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Dallas, TX:
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. has an immediate opening for a CNC Machine Tool Sales Representative in the state of Texas. This position is supported by our Technical Center including Applications, Automation, Inside Sales and Service.
The Sales Representative is responsible for the development and performance of machine sales activities in the assigned region. The Sales Representative will build corporate identity and promote customer satisfaction and loyalty to ensure future sales growth and optimize revenue and profit by performing the following duties.
- Develop new customers and also maintain the customer base in the assigned territory
- Create action plans to penetrate new markets and cultivate customer relationships. Take a primary role in the sales efforts to acquire key prospects and secure the order. Meet or exceed yearly sales target for your territory
- Analyze and monitor sales forecast activity and profit margin performance and make the necessary changes in a timely manner to achieve goals consistent with Company objectives
- Maintain forecast on new business/orders for your territory
- Arrange for product demonstration at our Technical centers
- Establish professional relationships within the industry and partner with customer to further understand and anticipate their needs
- Maintain daily communication with the Territory Sales Manager
- Active cold calling both on phones and in person
- Continuous maintenance of CRM for contacts, accounts, opportunities, quotes etc.
- Actively promote the company products and services on all social media platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Active participation in industry trade association groups
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Sales or Business; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least five years’ experience in machine tool, industrial or capital equipment sales
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with CRM preferred
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills. Highly motivated, independent worker
- Exceptional customer following and loyalty; relationship builder
- Excellent follow-up and tracking skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Solid time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Must work well with others and have team focused approach to solving client problems and discovering needs
- Knowledge of CNC Machining and understanding of complex milling/turning and EDM processes.
- Knowledge of CMM Inspection equipment and metrology practices.
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.