Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Department: 2320 – Application Engineers
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
The Electrical Design Engineer will be involved in the design of Machine options for all of Methods Machine Tools Product Lines. The Engineer will be part of a team handling the hydraulic, coolant, pneumatic, automated, and mechanical aspects of the design. This position requires a high-energy, positive attitude with the capability and desire to be continuously engaged with the team to drive projects to completion.
*Minimal travel as required to support customer scope of work and diagnostic engineering
- Electrical design tasks on new machine option designs
- Generate technical processes, manuals, and documents
- Assembling and testing of first-time builds of designs
- Strong collaboration with engineering, production, and product managers on the development of new Machine options.
- Proven knowledge of Solid Works electrical preferred.
- Ability to meet both team and personal goals by being results oriented
- Meet deadlines and ensure they are met on time and within budget
- Electrical Engineering Degree
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.